LifeStyle Cuisine – Gluten Free and Vegan “Chocolate Crème Brûlée”
So we’ve re-launched our Lifestyle Cuisine menus across the hotel, and one of the things we’re trying to focus on is offering an exciting and innovative dining experience while catering to a wide range of dietary restrictions…
what we came up with were 4 course tasting menus for every category- Vegan, Vegetarian, Celiac, Diabetic, Heart Healthy, Macrobiotic, Raw, Low fat, and Low Carb tasting menus…
toughest part- desserts that still taste good 😉
here’s one that we think’s been working well for us-
Gluten Free and Vegan Chocolate “Crème Brûlée”
- In a blender, blend tofu and coconut milk, add cocoa and agave nectar.
- Transfer to large bowl and fold in melted chocolate and coconut extract.
- Freeze in ½ lt containers and pacojet as needed. (this is a pretty restaurant specific step to get a lighter, creamier texture, with a very specific tool (
- ) - for home use, skip to step 4
- pour the finished product into the vessels you want to serve them in, allow to set in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- sprinkle with fine sugar and burn lightly with a butane torch until the sugar is even caramelized- serve immediately...
- it's worth noting, the quality of chocolate you use really determines the end result on this one, it's really the key component; we've been using Valrhona's
- Alpaco Grand Cru
- , a 66% dark chocolate from Ecuador, but the main thing is to go for a really dark chocolate with a high cocoa content, 65% or higher...